March 1st, 2015
Did you know that?
- The history of peanuts is a journey from South America, to Asia, east across the Atlantic Ocean and back to North America.
- Peanut butter was first introduced at the Sand became a source of delicious protein during the two world wars.
- Records show that it wasn’t until the early 1800s that peanuts were grown as a commercial crop in the United States.
- There is evidence that ancient South American Inca Indians were the first to grind peanuts to make peanut butter.
- There are enough peanuts in one acre to make 30,000 peanut butter sandwiches.
- The world’s largest peanut butter factory churns out 250,000 jars of the tasty treat every day.
- Americans spend almost $800 million a year on peanut butter.
- The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he/she graduates high school.
- There are over 10 peanut butter holidays.
- Two peanut farmers have been elected president of the USA – Thomas Jefferson and Jimmy Carter.ç
Born in 1928, Reese’s official brand day celebration is on May 18, don’t forget to start the party mood on! To see interesting facts about the brand see